A 2020 University of Wyoming survey showed 54% of the state's residents supported legalizing for adults over 21 while 85% supported legalizing therapeutic cannabis.
With the governor's tribal liaison in attendance the Eastern Shoshone Cannabis Commission hosted a public education meeting last December to explore how a majority women and Native-owned industry could be developed on the Wind River Reservation. But just recently the state’s attorney general objected to the Trump Organization’s declassification of the herb.
“I think for as long as I’ve been in the legislature, [therapeutic cannabis] has been supported by a majority of Wyomingites,” Senator Chris Rothfuss, D-Laramie, said. “It’s gotten to the point where general legislation is supported by a majority, and even a majority of republicans support legalization.” Representative Karlee Provenza, D-Laramie, said the attorney general’s objection seems “out of step” with the people of Wyoming. “I think we should have aligned with federal law on this,” Provenza said. “But also we need to go further than that. We’ve just heard too many benefits from people like veterans who use it for PTSD and people who use it for chronic pain.” [Jackson Hole News & Guide]
No comments:
Post a Comment