1/13/21

Hickey deletes his twitter account, pledges to leave Faceberg

Steve Hickey is from Kansas City, Missouri and is a former Republican South Dakota legislator and Sioux Falls pastor now teaching at Alaska Christian College. We agree on some things like executive clemency for Leonard Peltier and reconciliation with the tribal nations trapped in South Dakota through land repatriation and that Faceberg is malware. Like many conservatives he has deleted his twitter account and says he's leaving Faceberg. 

Professor Hickey suffers from a terminal lung disease that influences his eschatology and worships a supernatural extraterrestrial as the 'son of god' and believes It is coming to Earth to rule under a one-world government.
Some people are disappointed I’m leaving FB and it seems they may not follow me over to MeWe. It does bum me out. I get private notes that I’m putting my lamp under a bushel and letting “them” win, that voices like mine are needed out there. I’m getting some snark that this is a move into an echo chamber because only people like me will venture over there to follow my feed.
These are days to shift into clandestine mode. We have gone from carefree, to cautious and now need to shift into clandestine mode as related to the surveillance and police state, and church and state, and church against the tentacles of the Empire/Globalism; big tech, media, banking, academia, “science”, etc. I’ll teach more on my thinking on Clandestine Christianity this week and our witness in a world and society that is overtly hostile to all that we value and believe.
The surveillance state is far worse than any of us ever imagined. I’ve been lackadaisical on this for years, reasoning that there is no real way to hide at this point because I have so much out there already it’s really too late and futile. But I was wrong. The terms have changed since I bought my iPhone. I didn’t sign up for what they are now trying to do. They can now reach my bank account, my location and movement, activities, monitor my interests, contacts, etc etc. show up at the door when more than ten of us meet against the every changing lock down orders. Instagram says in the fine print they have all my texts. For what? They expressly call the camera on my phone “out camera” and say they will occasionally take pictures and audio to be better able to suggest “masks and filters” for our own well-being. Huh? We are seeing in small measure them employing their control. We are being monitored and reported. If we post something they don’t like we can lose our job. Not that I care about that part personally but I have to cut them off.
Others wonder why I picked MeWe. I looked into it last summer, signed up and liked it. Maybe something better is out there but the building is on fire and I decided to pick a meet up corner outside where we can regroup. So MeWe is that spot.
We are going to have to learn how to rebuild our social networks and be content with less than we had before. Convenience and laziness is killing us. Just so we don’t have to shift our fat butts in the chair and dig out our wallets we’ve given over our banking info passwords and facial ID. How will we buy or sell without Google and Amazon? Time we learn. [Faceberg post, Steve Hickey]
It's no secret that I loathe what my home state has become so watching the grassland fire danger index go into the extreme category today and tomorrow for much of the chemical toilet warms the cockles of my heart.

No comments: