10/13/20

Neighbor Nancy passes

Our neighbor Nancy Morris was diagnosed with an aggressive sarcoma last December and as his family and friends were just finishing up laying Arlen Asher to rest she passed into the next cycle of the universe. Our Lady of the Arroyo and Nancy attended nursing school together at Creighton University in Omaha then built two houses and a ranch on Red Rock Road.

Nancy’s sister Linda has been here for the last several weeks assisting with her care.

"I lost one of my best friends yesterday. My sister Nancy passed away after a nearly yearlong fight with cancer. I spent Nancy’s last few weeks with her. She was so brave in dealing with a very aggressive cancer that could not be stopped. Fortunately, her last day was peaceful and pain free. She loved her family unconditionally. Her loss leaves a huge hole in my heart. But I take comfort in knowing she is now hanging out with other family and friends, especially with Doug who she loved nearly as much as I did! (45 years ago she told me if I didn’t get on the ball and marry him, she would!! ❤️) and her beloved dogs, who passed away before her. I want to send a special thank you to her lifelong friend Donnamarie Jones who helped her through this last year when I could not due to distance. You will always be a part of my family DM (and Larry too!). Rest In Peace Nancy, I will love and miss you forever. ❤️❤️

I have had quite a few people ask me where they could make a donation in memory of my sister, Nancy Morris. Below is the link to the site for Nancy’s friend Beverly Antaeus who runs a sanctuary for dogs who cannot be in a regular home setting. I have met Bev several times and she is an angel. She currently is housing, feeding, and providing medications and vet visits for 23-24 dogs using donations and the rest out of her own pocket. My sister would be thrilled for Bev to receive donations in her memory. Thank you for considering making a donation in Nancy's memory." -Linda Morris Roszel 

"I am heartbroken at the loss yesterday afternoon of a very dear friend of over 50 years. We were at Whittier College together, knew each other since freshman year in Stauffer Residence Hall, and had many wonderful adventures, visits, and conversations over the years. Nancy Morris was one of the Hanover Honeys (there were 5 of us, now, sadly, only 3 are left), a group of 4 who lived our senior year in a college-owned house across the street from Stauffer where I was an RA; I used to escape freshman madness by walking across the street and sitting on the porch. Nance grew up in nearby Pico Rivera and was generous in sharing her family and friends. She was a gifted NICU nurse in Albuquerque until she retired a few years ago. We had our last Hanover Honeys trip last year. Nancy and I also had two great international trips together: SE Asia in 2012 and Galapagos in 2015; my Denver traveling friends took to Nancy immediately. My heart goes out to her family, especially her dear sister Linda Morris Roszel who cared for her in her final days and kept us informed about Nancy's health. We love you, Nancy, and hope you are already cooking up new adventures with Jane-o." -Amy Pulver
Nancy and Amy attended the 2018 Women's March in Denver. 

No comments: