2/7/15

Clifford crowdsourcing for reservation feminine hygiene needs

Sunny Clifford is a women's activist and feminist living in the Oglala Lakota Nation:
What is often overlooked is a young woman's need to manage menstruation. It may not seem like a big deal for the average American woman to go out to the store and buy herself tampons, pads, or even the new menstrual cup. But when I was a teenager with no job opportunities and my mom was a struggling single mother, sometimes I went without. It's embarrassing for me to admit even now! I am no longer that teenager who was fearful of menstruating because I didn't have pads or tampons, but I don't want any other young girls to go through that. So, I am asking you for help so I can procure some items to give away to girls on the reservation. [Sunny Clifford]




No comments: