Dr. Julie Amaon is the medical director of Just the Pill, a nonprofit, online clinic based in Minnesota that dispenses pills for medication abortion, birth control, and the treatment of sexually transmitted disease. Just the Pill, which has experimented with offering patient care in mobile clinics, is working on a big expansion. As they drove around Minnesota, Amaon says, she noticed she was seeing a lot of patients from Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota and Iowa — “people who have more restrictive legislation in their states.” Just the Pill is planning to deploy mobile clinics on all sides of Minnesota, to serve patients in those surrounding states. “All of our mobile clinics are bulletproof,” she adds. [Abortion care on wheels]1. A pregnant woman is the patient.
2. Ectopic pregnancies kill women.
3. Rich women have full reproductive rights while women at the lower income margins suffer chilling effects on those rights. Women in Texas, Wyoming and South Dakota who can afford it simply jump on a plane and fly to Albuquerque, Minneapolis, Denver or elsewhere for their procedures. Imagine a woman on the Standing Rock or Pine Ridge doing that.
4. South Dakota’s repeated attempts to restrict access to medical care are not only mean-spirited, they're discriminatory anti-choice extremism.
5. "Pro-life" is simply code for white people breeding. The extreme white wing of the Republican Party is driving the abolition of women’s rights because they’re wedded to the Great Replacement Hypothesis. African-Americans terminate pregnancies at about the same per capita rate as white people do but don’t take their jobs. Latinas, however, have fewer abortions per capita but the extreme white wing laments it's hemorrhaging jobs to Latinos.
6. No foetus in the United States has any civil rights until the third trimester. Republicans preach civil rights for human blastocysts but deny the protections of the First, Fourth and Ninth Amendments to people who enjoy cannabis.
7. Republican politicians drive their anti-woman crusade to raise campaign dollars so ending reproductive rights in red states is Balkanizing women's health care.
8. An acorn is not an oak tree so a foetus is no more an unborn child than it is an unborn grandparent.
10. There is no foetal heartbeat until late in a pregnancy. What an ultrasound “hears” at six weeks are cells beginning to built a cardiac system.
11. States that ban women from going out of state for their procedures or medications are violating the Commerce Clause enumerated in the United States Constitution.