Singer/songwriter and cannabis activist, Willie Nelson, has just endorsed Oregon's legalization efforts.
High Times has published the top ten reasons to end the chilling effect on civil liberties:
10. Prohibition has failed to control the use and domestic production of marijuana.
9. Arrests for marijuana possession disproportionately affect blacks and Hispanics and reinforce the perception that law enforcement is biased and prejudiced against minorities.
8. A regulated, legal market in marijuana would reduce marijuana sales and use among teenagers, as well as reduce their exposure to other drugs in the illegal market.
7. Legalized marijuana would reduce the flow of money from the American economy to international criminal gangs.
6. Marijuana’s legalization would simplify the development of hemp as a valuable and diverse agricultural crop in the United States, including its development as a new bio-fuel to reduce carbon emissions.
5. Prohibition is based on lies and disinformation.
4. Marijuana is not a lethal drug and is safer than alcohol.
3. Marijuana is too expensive for our justice system and should instead be taxed to support beneficial government programs.
2. Marijuana use has positive attributes, such as its medical value and use as a recreational drug with relatively mild side effects.
1. Marijuana users are determined to stand up to the injustice of marijuana probation and accomplish legalization, no matter how long or what it takes to succeed.
Wíhákata Cépapi Wi – Moon of Making Fat.