Facility now admits these cases are necrotizing fasciitis after first denying it:
[CCMH] trustee George Dunlap said people in the hospital knew about the cases and didn’t release the information.Dunlap said he didn’t speak up because he was tired of being criticized by trustee chairman Brook Bahnson for speaking out about issues at the hospital.From a press conference held earlier at Campbell County Memorial Hospital:
The Gillette News Record:
[I]nfectious disease specialist Dr. Christopher Brown will answer questions about the three cases of invasive Streptococcus A, also known as flesh-eating bacteria, the hospital has treated in the past three weeks.The Billings Gazette reported that at least two cases are linked. A dog has also died from the bacteria according to the News Record.
As global average temperatures rise due to greenhouse gas emissions, the effects on the planet, such as melting ice caps, extreme weather, drought and rising sea levels, will threaten populations and livelihoods, said the report conducted by humanitarian organization DARA. It calculated that five million deaths occur each year from air pollution, hunger and disease as a result of climate change and carbon-intensive economies, and that toll would likely rise to six million a year by 2030 if current patterns of fossil fuel use continue.Americans are expected to pay for medical care for industrial diseases caused by processes and services, many of which are patented, but spend money on insurance (or not) instead?
Just go to the emergency room.